Sunday, January 8, 2012

fiber gourmet pasta!

Hi my name's Adrienne and I have some serious weight to lose. I'm the girl who has always struggled with her weight, but it has gotten weigh** out of hand this time.  There are obviously changes that must come to have different results. One such change I have made and want to talk about is PASTA. I freaking love the stuff! I mean my favorite sound is literally pasta being stirred in a pot, that oowey goowey sloshey sound. So with this somewhat unhealthy love of pasta how am I supposed to loose weight and not deprive myself of something I like? Well I don't believe in depriving myself of all things I like ( we only live once and I wanna enjoy it) , so I have found an alternative.
I found it when talking with a friend about calorie counting. I looked up low calorie foods and found Fiber Gourmet Pasta on Amazon ( of all places). It can be hard to find in stores and the stores I frequent weren't listed when I searched on their site, as carrying it. So I ordered some. I know many people who are trying to be healthy eat the whole grain or whole wheat pastas, that are a brown color. To me these are not as good tasting as regular pasta or as soft. I can honestly say that Fiber Gourmet Pasta does taste like regular pasta! I can also say it has 40% fewer calories than regular pasta, at just 130 calories a serving!!! It also has a ton of fiber which is great for your health- an 18 whopping grams that is! ( 72% of what one needs daily). To me this is a win win! I can have my pasta, and I can have no guilt about eating it too! I will provide a link to their website if you are interested in trying it. The company also has other foods like crackers and cake mixes and Macmmmcheese ( which I have also tried, comparable to the blue box, but the cheese doesn't cover all the noodles as well, still good though if you've ruled out the blue box due to wanting to loose weight etc.) Oh and their products are made in the US with ingredients from the US! (no lead from China ( j/k))  http://www.fibergourmet.com/ClassicPastaHealthy.aspx
  Here are the nutrition facts off of their pasta. In looking at their site they also have different flavors like tomato, garlic and parsley, one of which is Whole Wheat.  Here is the nutrition label from  http://www.fibergourmet.com/Nutrition.aspx
 
 Would you try Fiber Gourmet pasta? Do you have other pasta recommendations?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!

I do not work for or get anything from Fiber Gourmet or anyone else for expressing these opinions.

1 comment:

  1. I had some yesterday and made my own mac 'n cheese using fat free milk and reduced fat cheese. Not the blue box but, as you said, it IS mac 'n cheese. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete