Saturday, January 7, 2012

cinnamon sticks, candles, ribbon and glass, Oh my!

I got this inspiration from one of those free craft recipe cards at one of the major craft stores, there's was using bamboo, but Thanksgiving was coming around and so I had to change it up a bit. :) It is the type of project you could do fairly easily for different holidays or seasons. So I bought a glass rectangular jar ( found in most craft stores), 2 packs of small cinnamon sticks, some coordinating ribbon and a candle that was the appropriate color and a yummy smell. I then laid the glass on it's side and used a hot glue gun to glue the cinnamon sticks to the sides like a fence.  When that dried I took the ribbon I bought and tied it into a bow around the glass and cinnomon sticks and put the candle in the middle. These make for good home decor or gifts. You could also but the cinnamon sticks ( or candy canes or bamboo etc.) to different heights to change the look a bit.
 Here is the front view! Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy project to make your home festive and smell wonderful! AJ
 
 
Here is another version that I found on pinterest, I followed the link and the blog it is on is amazing too! http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-using-ribbon.html

5 comments:

  1. I am definitely making these for gifts. Do you have to worry about coordinating the candle smell with the smell of the cinnamon or do you use unscented candles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say that if you were going to use scented candles you would want that smell to coordinate well with whatever you decorated the outside with, in this case the cinnamon, or use unscented. The good thing about the bamboo decorated glass one's would be that, that wouldn't be an issue, same with the candy cane one's I suppose, unless you used unwrapped peppermint sticks. Thanks for the good question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What on earth did we do before hot glue guns???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I have no idea Maggie! sure didn't glue everything and anything together!

    ReplyDelete